ABET Accreditation Information
The Electrical Engineering and Computer & Systems Engineering degree programs are each independently accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET.
Program Educational Objectives for ECSE Programs
The Electrical and Computer & Systems Engineering programs are each designed to prepare students for continued learning and successful careers in industry, government, academia, and consulting. Within a few years of graduation our graduates of the Bachelor of Science programs are expected to:
- Pursue professional positions and/or graduate study in their areas of interest.
- Contribute to the body of knowledge in their professional disciplines through problem-solving, discovery, leadership, and responsible application of technology.
- Continue to develop both professionally and personally through activities such as participation in professional societies, continuing education, and community service.
Outcomes of the Undergraduate Curriculum
Students who successfully complete the program in Electrical Engineering or Computer and Systems Engineering will be able to demonstrate:
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- an ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- an ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies
Enrollment and Degrees Awarded - PDF version