Non-ECSE RPI undergraduates from a closely related field should consult with the ECSE Graduate Services office or the Department before applying. All applicants must have completed a minimum of 90 credits. These may include AP credits, transfer credits and courses in progress. Co-terminal students must complete all BS requirements and graduate within 8 semesters, at which point their status will change to graduate. Rensselaer undergraduate scholarships and grants will be extended for up to 2 semesters of graduate study.
To be considered for the ECSE Co-Terminal program you must:
- Have completed 90 credits with a minimum 3.5 GPA
- Submit the application with all sections completed and signed by your undergraduate advisor, accompanied by the following materials:
- Completed Master’s Plan of Study
- Co-Terminal Planner appropriate for your plan
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Degree-Works report
- Well-written Statement of Background and Goals
The GRE exam is not required.
Students interested in applying must use the online application through Slate starting with potential Fall 2021 admits and beyond. Although this new application process is through Graduate Admissions, students should follow the OGE deadlines for submission. Submission 2 weeks prior to the OGE deadline is required in order to give the department time to review and make a determination prior to the OGE review. It is recommended that you meet with Kelley Kritz (email@example.com) before completing your application and if you have any questions. Applicants will be notified by Graduate Admissions once a decision has been made.
Co-Terminal informational website:
Link to Slate for application submission is halfway down the page.
- RPI Co-terminal Application Form
- RPI Graduate Plan of Study Form
- ECSE Co-Terminal Planners:
Department Deadline to apply
- November 1st for spring
- April 15th for fall
Late applications will not be accepted.
- Professor Richard Radke, Master’s Program Director
- Ms. Kelley Kritz, Graduate Program Administrator