Non-ECSE RPI undergraduates from a closely related field should consult with the ECSE Graduate Services office or the GPD before applying. All applicants must have completed a minimum of 90 credits. These may include AP credits, transfer credits and courses in progress. Co-terminal students must complete all BS requirements and graduate within 8 semesters, at which point their status will change to graduate. Rensselaer undergraduate scholarships and grants will be extended for up to 2 semesters of graduate study.
To be considered for the ECSE Co-Terminal program you must:
- Have completed 90 credits with a minimum 3.5 GPA
- Submit the application with all sections completed and signed by your undergraduate advisor, accompanied by the following materials:
- Completed Master’s Plan of Study
- Co-Terminal Planner appropriate for your plan
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Degree-Works report
- Well-written Statement of Background and Goals
The GRE exam is not required.
Students interested in applying must pick up an application packet from JEC 6009, and meet with Priscilla Magilligan before completing. All documents must be returned to JEC 6009 for review. Applicants will be notified once a decision has been made.
- RPI Co-terminal Application Form
- RPI Graduate Plan of Study Form
- ECSE Co-Terminal Planners:
Deadline to apply
- November 1st for spring
- April 15th for fall
Late applications will not be accepted.
- Professor Partha Dutta, Master’s Program Director
- Ms. Kelley Kritz, Graduate Program Administrator
- Ms. Priscilla Magilligan, Graduate Program Secretary